Momentum Alliance is a place for youth 14-30 who want to:
- Build trust, confidence, resiliency and health
- Increase their educational and income levels
- Learn and practice leadership and advocacy skills
- Build friendships and alliances with young people they wouldn’t typically hang out with
- Diversify decision-making in the public, private and nonprofit sectors; alter relations of power; and make systems more equitable
Perhaps most importantly, Momentum Alliances offers a space for young people to be themselves, in all our identities.
MA PROGRAMMING AT A GLANCE
- All activities are FREE!
- Programs are designed and led by young people
- All youth are welcome, regardless of immigration status
- We offer great food, bus tickets & childcare reimbursement
WE FOCUS ON THE WHOLE PERSON
- Wellness: We can all improve our mental and physical health and resiliency through storytelling, arts, sports and outdoor activities.
- Educational & Job Support: We offer support and opportunities for tutoring, paid internships and job searching.
- Leadership & Advocacy: We coach and organize young people to learn the system and how to change it!
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE 14-23
STUDENT ALLIANCE PROJECT (SAP)
Contact Jaime Limon-Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Summer, Winter & Spring Leadership Camps, one-on-one coaching, monthly activities, and paid internship opportunities!
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE 14-30
LEVERAGING MOMENTUM (LM)
Contact Karla Castaneda at email@example.com to learn more about our Youth Education Advocates (YEA!) social justice cohort.
Contact Emily Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Reproductive Justice Youth Advocates (RJYA) social justice cohort.
Or call us! Our office number is 971-244-4954. If we don't pick up, leave a voicemail and we'll get back to you when we can!